blob: c40698557e2f0fe37938eefeb95399eb6c90256e (plain
tc Testing Suite To-Do list:
- Determine what tc features are supported in the kernel. If features are not
present, prevent the related categories from running.
- Add support for multiple versions of tc to run successively
- Improve error messages when tdc aborts its run. Partially done - still
need to better handle problems in pre- and post-suite.
- Use python logger module for debug/verbose output
- Allow tdc to write its results to file.
Maybe use python logger module for this too.
- A better implementation of the "hooks". Currently, every plugin
will attempt to run a function at every hook point. Could be
changed so that plugin __init__ methods will register functions to
be run in the various predefined times. Then if a plugin does not
require action at a specific point, no penalty will be paid for
trying to run a function that will do nothing.
- Proper exception handling - make an exception class and use it
- a TestCase class, for easier testcase handling, searching, comparison
- a TestSuite class
and a way to configure a test suite,
to automate running multiple "test suites" with different requirements
- super simple test case example using ls, touch, etc