|author||Sam Ravnborg <email@example.com>||2011-01-01 12:53:09 +0000|
|committer||David S. Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2011-01-02 22:19:38 -0800|
|parent||sparc: drop prom/devmap.c (diff)|
sparc: drop prom/palloc.c
None of the functions was used. Signed-off-by: Sam Ravnborg <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to '')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 43 deletions
diff --git a/arch/sparc/prom/palloc.c b/arch/sparc/prom/palloc.c
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,43 +0,0 @@
- * palloc.c: Memory allocation from the Sun PROM.
- * Copyright (C) 1995 David S. Miller (email@example.com)
-/* You should not call these routines after memory management
- * has been initialized in the kernel, if fact you should not
- * use these if at all possible in the kernel. They are mainly
- * to be used for a bootloader for temporary allocations which
- * it will free before jumping into the kernel it has loaded.
- * Also, these routines don't work on V0 proms, only V2 and later.
-/* Allocate a chunk of memory of size 'num_bytes' giving a suggestion
- * of virtual_hint as the preferred virtual base address of this chunk.
- * There are no guarantees that you will get the allocation, or that
- * the prom will abide by your "hint". So check your return value.
-prom_alloc(char *virtual_hint, unsigned int num_bytes)
- if(prom_vers == PROM_V0) return (char *) 0x0;
- if(num_bytes == 0x0) return (char *) 0x0;
- return (*(romvec->pv_v2devops.v2_dumb_mem_alloc))(virtual_hint, num_bytes);
-/* Free a previously allocated chunk back to the prom at virtual address
- * 'vaddr' of size 'num_bytes'. NOTE: This vaddr is not the hint you
- * used for the allocation, but the virtual address the prom actually
- * returned to you. They may be have been the same, they may have not,
- * doesn't matter.
-prom_free(char *vaddr, unsigned int num_bytes)
- if((prom_vers == PROM_V0) || (num_bytes == 0x0)) return;
- (*(romvec->pv_v2devops.v2_dumb_mem_free))(vaddr, num_bytes);