|author||Adrian Bunk <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2008-07-23 21:28:50 -0700|
|committer||Linus Torvalds <email@example.com>||2008-07-24 10:47:24 -0700|
|parent||UML: make several more things static (diff)|
remove the v850 port
Trying to compile the v850 port brings many compile errors, one of them exists since at least kernel 2.6.19. There also seems to be noone willing to bring this port back into a usable state. This patch therefore removes the v850 port. If anyone ever decides to revive the v850 port the code will still be available from older kernels, and it wouldn't be impossible for the port to reenter the kernel if it would become actively maintained again. Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <firstname.lastname@example.org> Acked-by: Greg Ungerer <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <email@example.com>
Diffstat (limited to 'arch/v850/README')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 44 deletions
diff --git a/arch/v850/README b/arch/v850/README
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,44 +0,0 @@
-This port to the NEC V850E processor supports the following platforms:
- The gdb v850e simulator (CONFIG_V850E_SIM).
- The Midas labs RTE-V850E/MA1-CB and RTE-V850E/NB85E-CB evaluation
- boards (CONFIG_RTE_CB_MA1 and CONFIG_RTE_CB_NB85E). This support
- has only been tested when running with the Multi-debugger monitor
- ROM (for the Green Hills Multi debugger). The optional NEC
- Solution Gear RTE-MOTHER-A motherboard is also supported, which
- allows PCI boards to be used (CONFIG_RTE_MB_A_PCI).
- The Midas labs RTE-V850E/ME2-CB evaluation board (CONFIG_RTE_CB_ME2).
- This has only been tested using a kernel downloaded via an ICE
- connection using the Multi debugger. Support for the RTE-MOTHER-A is
- present, but hasn't been tested (unlike the other Midas labs cpu
- boards, the RTE-V850E/ME2-CB includes an ethernet adaptor).
- The NEC AS85EP1 V850E evaluation chip/board (CONFIG_V850E_AS85EP1).
- The NEC `Anna' (board/chip) implementation of the V850E2 processor
- "sim85e2c", "sim85e2s"
- The sim85e2c and sim85e2s simulators, which are verilog simulations
- of the V850E2 NA85E2C/NA85E2S cpu cores (CONFIG_V850E2_SIM85E2C and
- A FPGA implementation of the V850E2 NA85E2C cpu core
-To get a default kernel configuration for a particular platform, you can
-use a <platform>_defconfig make target (e.g., "make rte-me2-cb_defconfig");
-to see which default configurations are possible, look in the directory
-Porting to anything with a V850E/MA1 or MA2 processor should be simple.
-See the file <asm-v850/machdep.h> and the files it includes for an example of
-how to add platform/chip-specific support.