|author||Jakub Kicinski <email@example.com>||2022-04-26 10:54:36 -0700|
|committer||David S. Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2022-04-27 12:22:56 +0100|
|parent||net: wan: remove support for Z85230-based devices (diff)|
net: hamradio: remove support for DMA SCC devices
Another incarnation of Z8530, looks like? Again, no real changes in the git history, and it needs VIRT_TO_BUS. Unlikely to have users, let's spend less time refactoring dead code... Signed-off-by: Jakub Kicinski <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to '')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 34 deletions
diff --git a/drivers/net/hamradio/Kconfig b/drivers/net/hamradio/Kconfig
index 441da03c23ee..a9c44f08199d 100644
@@ -45,40 +45,6 @@ config BPQETHER
useful if some other computer on your local network has a direct
amateur radio connection.
- tristate "High-speed (DMA) SCC driver for AX.25"
- depends on ISA && AX25 && BROKEN_ON_SMP && ISA_DMA_API
- depends on VIRT_TO_BUS
- This is a driver for high-speed SCC boards, i.e. those supporting
- DMA on one port. You usually use those boards to connect your
- computer to an amateur radio modem (such as the WA4DSY 56kbps
- modem), in order to send and receive AX.25 packet radio network
- Currently, this driver supports Ottawa PI/PI2, Paccomm/Gracilis
- PackeTwin, and S5SCC/DMA boards. They are detected automatically.
- If you have one of these cards, say Y here and read the AX25-HOWTO,
- available from <http://www.tldp.org/docs.html#howto>.
- This driver can operate multiple boards simultaneously. If you
- compile it as a module (by saying M instead of Y), it will be called
- dmascc. If you don't pass any parameter to the driver, all
- possible I/O addresses are probed. This could irritate other devices
- that are currently not in use. You may specify the list of addresses
- to be probed by "dmascc.io=addr1,addr2,..." (when compiled into the
- kernel image) or "io=addr1,addr2,..." (when loaded as a module). The
- network interfaces will be called dmascc0 and dmascc1 for the board
- detected first, dmascc2 and dmascc3 for the second one, and so on.
- Before you configure each interface with ifconfig, you MUST set
- certain parameters, such as channel access timing, clock mode, and
- DMA channel. This is accomplished with a small utility program,
- dmascc_cfg, available at
- <http://www.linux-ax25.org/wiki/Ax25-tools>. Please be sure to
- get at least version 1.27 of dmascc_cfg, as older versions will not
- work with the current driver.
tristate "Z8530 SCC driver"
depends on ISA && AX25 && ISA_DMA_API