aboutsummaryrefslogtreecommitdiffstats
path: root/drivers/net/phy/phylink.c
diff options
context:
space:
mode:
authorCorinna Vinschen <vinschen@redhat.com>2019-11-19 10:09:39 +0100
committerDavid S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>2019-11-19 16:41:11 -0800
commita0783cd0c810504427777e8aae20d5f4f8b652a0 (patch)
tree523987f32fb716e6b48c807ffe28766395183d54 /drivers/net/phy/phylink.c
parentMAINTAINERS: forcedeth: Change Zhu Yanjun's email address (diff)
downloadlinux-dev-a0783cd0c810504427777e8aae20d5f4f8b652a0.tar.xz
linux-dev-a0783cd0c810504427777e8aae20d5f4f8b652a0.zip
r8169: disable TSO on a single version of RTL8168c to fix performance
During performance testing, I found that one of my r8169 NICs suffered a major performance loss, a 8168c model. Running netperf's TCP_STREAM test didn't return the expected throughput of > 900 Mb/s, but rather only about 22 Mb/s. Strange enough, running the TCP_MAERTS and UDP_STREAM tests all returned with throughput > 900 Mb/s, as did TCP_STREAM with the other r8169 NICs I can test (either one of 8169s, 8168e, 8168f). Bisecting turned up commit 93681cd7d94f83903cb3f0f95433d10c28a7e9a5, "r8169: enable HW csum and TSO" as the culprit. I added my 8168c version, RTL_GIGA_MAC_VER_22, to the code special-casing the 8168evl as per the patch below. This fixed the performance problem for me. Fixes: 93681cd7d94f ("r8169: enable HW csum and TSO") Signed-off-by: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen@redhat.com> Reviewed-by: Heiner Kallweit <hkallweit1@gmail.com> Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
Diffstat (limited to 'drivers/net/phy/phylink.c')
0 files changed, 0 insertions, 0 deletions