|author||Sean Hefty <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2007-11-27 00:11:04 -0800|
|committer||Roland Dreier <email@example.com>||2008-01-25 14:15:30 -0800|
|parent||IB/multicast: Report errors on multicast groups if P_key changes (diff)|
IB/mad: Report number of times a mad was retried
To allow ULPs to tune timeout values and capture retry statistics, report the number of times that a mad send operation was retried. For RMPP mads, report the total number of times that the any portion (send window) of the send operation was retried. Signed-off-by: Sean Hefty <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Roland Dreier <email@example.com>
Diffstat (limited to 'include/rdma')
1 files changed, 3 insertions, 1 deletions
diff --git a/include/rdma/ib_mad.h b/include/rdma/ib_mad.h
index 8ec3799e42e1..7228c056b9e9 100644
@@ -230,7 +230,9 @@ struct ib_class_port_info
* @seg_count: The number of RMPP segments allocated for this send.
* @seg_size: Size of each RMPP segment.
* @timeout_ms: Time to wait for a response.
- * @retries: Number of times to retry a request for a response.
+ * @retries: Number of times to retry a request for a response. For MADs
+ * using RMPP, this applies per window. On completion, returns the number
+ * of retries needed to complete the transfer.
* Users are responsible for initializing the MAD buffer itself, with the
* exception of any RMPP header. Additional segment buffer space allocated