|author||Balbir Singh <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2008-03-04 14:28:39 -0800|
|committer||Linus Torvalds <email@example.com>||2008-03-04 16:35:12 -0800|
|parent||Kprobes: move kprobe examples to samples/ (diff)|
Memory controller: rename to Memory Resource Controller
Rename Memory Controller to Memory Resource Controller. Reflect the same changes in the CONFIG definition for the Memory Resource Controller. Group together the config options for Resource Counters and Memory Resource Controller. Signed-off-by: Balbir Singh <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Paul Menage <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <email@example.com>
Diffstat (limited to '')
1 files changed, 15 insertions, 15 deletions
diff --git a/init/Kconfig b/init/Kconfig
index f698a5af5007..442850b984be 100644
@@ -366,6 +366,21 @@ config RESOURCE_COUNTERS
infrastructure that works with cgroups
depends on CGROUPS
+ bool "Memory Resource Controller for Control Groups"
+ depends on CGROUPS && RESOURCE_COUNTERS
+ Provides a memory resource controller that manages both page cache and
+ RSS memory.
+ Note that setting this option increases fixed memory overhead
+ associated with each page of memory in the system by 4/8 bytes
+ and also increases cache misses because struct page on many 64bit
+ systems will not fit into a single cache line anymore.
+ Only enable when you're ok with these trade offs and really
+ sure you need the memory resource controller.
bool "Create deprecated sysfs files"
depends on SYSFS
@@ -387,21 +402,6 @@ config SYSFS_DEPRECATED
If you are using a distro that was released in 2006 or later,
it should be safe to say N here.
- bool "Memory controller for cgroups"
- depends on CGROUPS && RESOURCE_COUNTERS
- Provides a memory controller that manages both page cache and
- RSS memory.
- Note that setting this option increases fixed memory overhead
- associated with each page of memory in the system by 4/8 bytes
- and also increases cache misses because struct page on many 64bit
- systems will not fit into a single cache line anymore.
- Only enable when you're ok with these trade offs and really
- sure you need the memory controller.
bool "Include legacy /proc/<pid>/cpuset file"
depends on CPUSETS