|author||Robert P. J. Day <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2007-10-19 23:13:32 +0200|
|committer||Adrian Bunk <email@example.com>||2007-10-19 23:13:32 +0200|
|parent||Remove long-dead commented-out MODULE_PARM reference. (diff)|
Drop the superfluous test for an old version of gcc.
The header file <linux/compiler.h> already enforces a suitably recent version of gcc, so there's no point checking for that again. Signed-off-by: Robert P. J. Day <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <email@example.com>
Diffstat (limited to 'init/main.c')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 8 deletions
diff --git a/init/main.c b/init/main.c
index 0dd0e7a1f632..ea0f7250d222 100644
@@ -70,15 +70,7 @@
* This is one of the first .c files built. Error out early if we have compiler
- * Versions of gcc older than that listed below may actually compile and link
- * okay, but the end product can have subtle run time bugs. To avoid associated
- * bogus bug reports, we flatly refuse to compile with a gcc that is known to be
- * too old from the very beginning.
-#if (__GNUC__ < 3) || (__GNUC__ == 3 && __GNUC_MINOR__ < 2)
-#error Sorry, your GCC is too old. It builds incorrect kernels.
#if __GNUC__ == 4 && __GNUC_MINOR__ == 1 && __GNUC_PATCHLEVEL__ == 0
#warning gcc-4.1.0 is known to miscompile the kernel. A different compiler version is recommended.