|author||Tim Gardner <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2013-08-29 06:38:47 -0600|
|committer||David S. Miller <email@example.com>||2013-09-03 21:41:43 -0400|
|parent||virtio-net: Set RXCSUM feature if GUEST_CSUM is available (diff)|
net: neighbour: Remove CONFIG_ARPD
This config option is superfluous in that it only guards a call to neigh_app_ns(). Enabling CONFIG_ARPD by default has no change in behavior. There will now be call to __neigh_notify() for each ARP resolution, which has no impact unless there is a user space daemon waiting to receive the notification, i.e., the case for which CONFIG_ARPD was designed anyways. Suggested-by: Eric W. Biederman <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: "David S. Miller" <email@example.com> Cc: Alexey Kuznetsov <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: James Morris <email@example.com> Cc: Hideaki YOSHIFUJI <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Patrick McHardy <email@example.com> Cc: "Eric W. Biederman" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Gao feng <email@example.com> Cc: Joe Perches <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Veaceslav Falico <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Tim Gardner <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reviewed-by: "Eric W. Biederman" <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'net/ipv4/Kconfig')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 16 deletions
diff --git a/net/ipv4/Kconfig b/net/ipv4/Kconfig
index 37cf1a6ea3ad..05c57f0fcabe 100644
@@ -259,22 +259,6 @@ config IP_PIMSM_V2
gated-5). This routing protocol is not used widely, so say N unless
you want to play with it.
- bool "IP: ARP daemon support"
- The kernel maintains an internal cache which maps IP addresses to
- hardware addresses on the local network, so that Ethernet
- frames are sent to the proper address on the physical networking
- layer. Normally, kernel uses the ARP protocol to resolve these
- Saying Y here adds support to have an user space daemon to do this
- resolution instead. This is useful for implementing an alternate
- address resolution protocol (e.g. NHRP on mGRE tunnels) and also for
- testing purposes.
- If unsure, say N.
bool "IP: TCP syncookie support"