Diffstat (limited to '')
1 files changed, 7 insertions, 3 deletions
diff --git a/scripts/basic/fixdep.c b/scripts/basic/fixdep.c
index 668a11a8b383..6bc7e7cfccf6 100644
@@ -28,9 +28,11 @@
* the dependency on linux/autoconf.h by a dependency on every config
* option which is mentioned in any of the listed prequisites.
- * To be exact, split-include populates a tree in include/config/,
- * e.g. include/config/his/driver.h, which contains the #define/#undef
- * for the CONFIG_HIS_DRIVER option.
+ * kconfig populates a tree in include/config/ with an empty file
+ * for each config symbol and when the configuration is updated
+ * the files representing changed config options are touched
+ * which then let make pick up the changes and the files that use
+ * the config symbols are rebuilt.
* So if the user changes his CONFIG_HIS_DRIVER option, only the objects
* which depend on "include/linux/config/his/driver.h" will be rebuilt,
@@ -245,6 +247,8 @@ void parse_config_file(char *map, size_t len)
+ if (!memcmp(q - 7, "_MODULE", 7))
+ q -= 7;