| Age | Commit message (Collapse) | Author | Files | Lines |
|
This function will be needed in tja11xx driver for secondary PHY
support.
Signed-off-by: Oleksij Rempel <o.rempel@pengutronix.de>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
|
|
This macro was intentionally broken so that the kernel code is not
poluted with such noargs macro used simply as markers. This use case
can be satisfied by using dummy no inline functions. Just remove it.
Link: http://lkml.kernel.org/r/20200413153246.8511-1-nborisov@suse.com
Signed-off-by: Nikolay Borisov <nborisov@suse.com>
Signed-off-by: Steven Rostedt (VMware) <rostedt@goodmis.org>
|
|
As the bug report [1] pointed out, <linux/vermagic.h> must be included
after <linux/module.h>.
I believe we should not impose any include order restriction. We often
sort include directives alphabetically, but it is just coding style
convention. Technically, we can include header files in any order by
making every header self-contained.
Currently, arch-specific MODULE_ARCH_VERMAGIC is defined in
<asm/module.h>, which is not included from <linux/vermagic.h>.
Hence, the straight-forward fix-up would be as follows:
|--- a/include/linux/vermagic.h
|+++ b/include/linux/vermagic.h
|@@ -1,5 +1,6 @@
| /* SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0 */
| #include <generated/utsrelease.h>
|+#include <linux/module.h>
|
| /* Simply sanity version stamp for modules. */
| #ifdef CONFIG_SMP
This works enough, but for further cleanups, I split MODULE_ARCH_VERMAGIC
definitions into <asm/vermagic.h>.
With this, <linux/module.h> and <linux/vermagic.h> will be orthogonal,
and the location of MODULE_ARCH_VERMAGIC definitions will be consistent.
For arc and ia64, MODULE_PROC_FAMILY is only used for defining
MODULE_ARCH_VERMAGIC. I squashed it.
For hexagon, nds32, and xtensa, I removed <asm/modules.h> entirely
because they contained nothing but MODULE_ARCH_VERMAGIC definition.
Kbuild will automatically generate <asm/modules.h> at build-time,
wrapping <asm-generic/module.h>.
[1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20200411155623.GA22175@zn.tnic
Reported-by: Borislav Petkov <bp@suse.de>
Signed-off-by: Masahiro Yamada <masahiroy@kernel.org>
Acked-by: Jessica Yu <jeyu@kernel.org>
|
|
The uuid_le mistakenly comes to be an UAPI type. Since it's luckily not used by
Hyper-V APIs, we may replace with POD types, i.e. __u8 array.
Note, previously shared uuid_be had been removed from UAPI few releases ago.
This is a continuation of that process towards removing uuid_le one.
Note, there is no ABI change!
Signed-off-by: Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@linux.intel.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20200422131818.23088-1-andriy.shevchenko@linux.intel.com
Signed-off-by: Wei Liu <wei.liu@kernel.org>
|
|
Add tracepoint support for QRTR with NS as the first candidate. Later on
this can be extended to core QRTR and transport drivers.
The trace_printk() used in NS has been replaced by tracepoints.
Signed-off-by: Manivannan Sadhasivam <manivannan.sadhasivam@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
|
|
If there's no special ordering requirement for mdiobus_unregister(),
then driver code can be simplified by using a device-managed version
of mdiobus_register(). Prerequisite is that bus allocation has been
done device-managed too. Else mdiobus_free() may be called whilst
bus is still registered, resulting in a BUG_ON(). Therefore let
devm_mdiobus_register() return -EPERM if bus was allocated
non-managed.
Signed-off-by: Heiner Kallweit <hkallweit1@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
|
|
See:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc8781.txt
Cc: Erik Kline <ek@google.com>
Cc: Jen Linkova <furry@google.com>
Cc: Lorenzo Colitti <lorenzo@google.com>
Cc: Michael Haro <mharo@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Maciej Żenczykowski <maze@google.com>
Fixes: c24a77edc9a7 ("ipv6: ndisc: add support for 'PREF64' dns64 prefix identifier")
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
|
|
The Broadcom BCM54140 is a Quad SGMII/QSGMII Copper/Fiber Gigabit
Ethernet transceiver.
This also adds support for tunables to set and get downshift and
energy detect auto power-down.
The PHY has four ports and each port has its own PHY address.
There are per-port registers as well as global registers.
Unfortunately, the global registers can only be accessed by reading
and writing from/to the PHY address of the first port. Further,
there is no way to find out what port you actually are by just
reading the per-port registers. We therefore, have to scan the
bus on the PHY probe to determine the port and thus what address
we need to access the global registers.
Signed-off-by: Michael Walle <michael@walle.cc>
Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
|
|
RDB (Register Data Base) registers are used on newer Broadcom PHYs. Add
helper to read, write and modify these registers.
Signed-off-by: Michael Walle <michael@walle.cc>
Reviewed-by: Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
|
|
Remove MPX leftovers in generic code.
Fixes: 45fc24e89b7c ("x86/mpx: remove MPX from arch/x86")
Signed-off-by: Jimmy Assarsson <jimmyassarsson@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Borislav Petkov <bp@suse.de>
Acked-by: Dave Hansen <dave.hansen@linux.intel.com>
Link: https://lkml.kernel.org/r/20200402172507.2786-1-jimmyassarsson@gmail.com
|
|
There are only two callers of blk_rq_map_sg/__blk_rq_map_sg that set
the dma_pad value in the queue. Move the handling into those callers
instead of burdening the common code, and move the ->extra_len field
from struct request to struct scsi_cmnd.
Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk>
|
|
Don't burden the common block code with with specifics of the libata DMA
draining mechanism. Instead move most of the code to the scsi midlayer.
That also means the nr_phys_segments adjustments in the blk-mq fast path
can go away entirely, given that SCSI never looks at nr_phys_segments
after mapping the request to a scatterlist.
Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk>
|
|
To be able to move some of the special purpose hacks in blk_rq_map_sg
into the callers we need a variant that returns the last mapped
S/G list element to the caller. Add that variant as __blk_rq_map_sg
and make blk_rq_map_sg a trivial inline wrapper around it.
Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk>
|
|
The RQF_COPY_USER is set for bio where the passthrough request mapping
helpers decided that bounce buffering is required. It is then used to
pad scatterlist for drivers that required it. But given that
non-passthrough requests are per definition aligned, and directly mapped
pass-through request must be aligned it is not actually required at all.
Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk>
|
|
Signed-off-by: Alexey Gladkov <gladkov.alexey@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Alexey Dobriyan <adobriyan@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Kees Cook <keescook@chromium.org>
Signed-off-by: Eric W. Biederman <ebiederm@xmission.com>
|
|
This allows to hide all files and directories in the procfs that are not
related to tasks.
Signed-off-by: Alexey Gladkov <gladkov.alexey@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Alexey Dobriyan <adobriyan@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Kees Cook <keescook@chromium.org>
Signed-off-by: Eric W. Biederman <ebiederm@xmission.com>
|
|
If "hidepid=4" mount option is set then do not instantiate pids that
we can not ptrace. "hidepid=4" means that procfs should only contain
pids that the caller can ptrace.
Signed-off-by: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Alexey Gladkov <gladkov.alexey@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Alexey Dobriyan <adobriyan@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Kees Cook <keescook@chromium.org>
Signed-off-by: Eric W. Biederman <ebiederm@xmission.com>
|
|
This patch allows to have multiple procfs instances inside the
same pid namespace. The aim here is lightweight sandboxes, and to allow
that we have to modernize procfs internals.
1) The main aim of this work is to have on embedded systems one
supervisor for apps. Right now we have some lightweight sandbox support,
however if we create pid namespacess we have to manages all the
processes inside too, where our goal is to be able to run a bunch of
apps each one inside its own mount namespace without being able to
notice each other. We only want to use mount namespaces, and we want
procfs to behave more like a real mount point.
2) Linux Security Modules have multiple ptrace paths inside some
subsystems, however inside procfs, the implementation does not guarantee
that the ptrace() check which triggers the security_ptrace_check() hook
will always run. We have the 'hidepid' mount option that can be used to
force the ptrace_may_access() check inside has_pid_permissions() to run.
The problem is that 'hidepid' is per pid namespace and not attached to
the mount point, any remount or modification of 'hidepid' will propagate
to all other procfs mounts.
This also does not allow to support Yama LSM easily in desktop and user
sessions. Yama ptrace scope which restricts ptrace and some other
syscalls to be allowed only on inferiors, can be updated to have a
per-task context, where the context will be inherited during fork(),
clone() and preserved across execve(). If we support multiple private
procfs instances, then we may force the ptrace_may_access() on
/proc/<pids>/ to always run inside that new procfs instances. This will
allow to specifiy on user sessions if we should populate procfs with
pids that the user can ptrace or not.
By using Yama ptrace scope, some restricted users will only be able to see
inferiors inside /proc, they won't even be able to see their other
processes. Some software like Chromium, Firefox's crash handler, Wine
and others are already using Yama to restrict which processes can be
ptracable. With this change this will give the possibility to restrict
/proc/<pids>/ but more importantly this will give desktop users a
generic and usuable way to specifiy which users should see all processes
and which users can not.
Side notes:
* This covers the lack of seccomp where it is not able to parse
arguments, it is easy to install a seccomp filter on direct syscalls
that operate on pids, however /proc/<pid>/ is a Linux ABI using
filesystem syscalls. With this change LSMs should be able to analyze
open/read/write/close...
In the new patch set version I removed the 'newinstance' option
as suggested by Eric W. Biederman.
Selftest has been added to verify new behavior.
Signed-off-by: Alexey Gladkov <gladkov.alexey@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Alexey Dobriyan <adobriyan@gmail.com>
Reviewed-by: Kees Cook <keescook@chromium.org>
Signed-off-by: Eric W. Biederman <ebiederm@xmission.com>
|
|
Fix the following coccicheck warning:
include/sound/soc.h:1271:9-10: WARNING: return of 0/1 in function
'snd_soc_volsw_is_stereo' with return type bool
Signed-off-by: Jason Yan <yanaijie@huawei.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20200422071805.48793-1-yanaijie@huawei.com
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
|
|
Pull perf/core fixes and improvements from Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo:
kernel + tools/perf:
Alexey Budankov:
- Introduce CAP_PERFMON to kernel and user space.
callchains:
Adrian Hunter:
- Allow using Intel PT to synthesize callchains for regular events.
Kan Liang:
- Stitch LBR records from multiple samples to get deeper backtraces,
there are caveats, see the csets for details.
perf script:
Andreas Gerstmayr:
- Add flamegraph.py script
BPF:
Jiri Olsa:
- Synthesize bpf_trampoline/dispatcher ksymbol events.
perf stat:
Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo:
- Honour --timeout for forked workloads.
Stephane Eranian:
- Force error in fallback on :k events, to avoid counting nothing when
the user asks for kernel events but is not allowed to.
perf bench:
Ian Rogers:
- Add event synthesis benchmark.
tools api fs:
Stephane Eranian:
- Make xxx__mountpoint() more scalable
libtraceevent:
He Zhe:
- Handle return value of asprintf.
Signed-off-by: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@kernel.org>
|
|
The recent batch of SOF changes failed to build on some x86
configurations including an allmodconfig, revert the commits:
e150ef4169a76 ASoC: SOF: Introduce extended manifest
371091417864b ASoC: SOF: ext_manifest: parse firmware version
7c024b948c206 ASoC: SOF: ext_manifest: parse compiler version
9e72f13ee541c ASoC: SOF: ext_manifest: parse windows
to fix this.
Reported-by: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
|
|
Aside from good practice, this avoids a warning from gcc 10:
./include/linux/kernel.h:997:3: warning: array subscript -31 is outside array bounds of ‘struct list_head[1]’ [-Warray-bounds]
997 | ((type *)(__mptr - offsetof(type, member))); })
| ~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
./include/linux/list.h:493:2: note: in expansion of macro ‘container_of’
493 | container_of(ptr, type, member)
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~
./include/linux/pnp.h:275:30: note: in expansion of macro ‘list_entry’
275 | #define global_to_pnp_dev(n) list_entry(n, struct pnp_dev, global_list)
| ^~~~~~~~~~
./include/linux/pnp.h:281:11: note: in expansion of macro ‘global_to_pnp_dev’
281 | (dev) != global_to_pnp_dev(&pnp_global); \
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
arch/x86/kernel/rtc.c:189:2: note: in expansion of macro ‘pnp_for_each_dev’
189 | pnp_for_each_dev(dev) {
Because the common code doesn't cast the starting list_head to the
containing struct.
Signed-off-by: Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@mellanox.com>
[ rjw: Whitespace adjustments ]
Signed-off-by: Rafael J. Wysocki <rafael.j.wysocki@intel.com>
|
|
ASoC: tegra: Fixes for v5.7-rc3
This contains a couple of fixes that are needed to properly reconfigure
the audio clocks on older Tegra devices.
|
|
The USB_PID_ALINK_DTU is a Product ID, not a vendor ID.
Fix that.
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+huawei@kernel.org>
|
|
drm-misc-next for 5.8:
UAPI Changes:
- drm: error out with EBUSY when device has existing master
- drm: rework SET_MASTER and DROP_MASTER perm handling
Cross-subsystem Changes:
- mm: export two symbols from slub/slob
- fbdev: savage: fix -Wextra build warning
- video: omap2: Use scnprintf() for avoiding potential buffer overflow
Core Changes:
- Remove drm_pci.h
- drm_pci_{alloc/free)() are now legacy
- Introduce managed DRM resourcesA
- Allow drivers to subclass struct drm_framebuffer
- Introduce struct drm_afbc_framebuffer and helpers
- fbdev: remove return value from generic fbdev setup
- Introduce simple-encoder helper
- vram-helpers: set fence on plane
- dp_mst: ACT timeout improvements
- dp_mst: Remove drm_dp_mst_has_audio()
- TTM: ttm_trace_dma_{map/unmap}() cleanups
- dma-buf: add flag for PCIP2P support
- EDID: Various improvements
- Encoder: cleanup semantics of possible_clones and possible_crtcs
- VBLANK documentation updates
- Writeback documentation updates
Driver Changes:
- Convert several drivers to i2c_new_client_device()
- Drop explicit drm_mode_config_cleanup() calls from drivers
- Auto-release device structures with drmm_add_final_kfree()
- Init bfdev console after registering DRM device
- Make various .debugfs functions return 0 unconditionally; ignore errors
- video: Use scnprintf() to avoid buffer overflows
- Convert drivers to simple encoders
- drm/amdgpu: note that we can handle peer2peer DMA-buf
- drm/amdgpu: add support for exporting VRAM using DMA-buf v3
- drm/kirin: Revert change to register connectors
- drm/lima: Add optional devfreq and cooling device support
- drm/lima: Various improvements wrt. task handling
- drm/panel: nt39016: Support multiple modes and 50Hz
- drm/panel: Support Leadtek LTK050H3146W
- drm/rockchip: Add support for afbc
- drm/virtio: Various cleanups
- drm/hisilicon/hibmc: Enforce 128-byte stride alignment
- drm/qxl: Fix notify port address of cursor ring buffer
- drm/sun4i: Improvements to format handling
- drm/bridge: dw-hdmi: Various improvements
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
From: Thomas Zimmermann <tzimmermann@suse.de>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20200414090738.GA16827@linux-uq9g
|
|
This patch is to enable Intel SERDES power up/down sequence. The SERDES
converts 8/10 bits data to SGMII signal. Below is an example of
HW configuration for SGMII mode. The SERDES is located in the PHY IF
in the diagram below.
<-----------------GBE Controller---------->|<--External PHY chip-->
+----------+ +----+ +---+ +----------+
| EQoS | <-GMII->| DW | < ------ > |PHY| <-SGMII-> | External |
| MAC | |xPCS| |IF | | PHY |
+----------+ +----+ +---+ +----------+
^ ^ ^ ^
| | | |
+---------------------MDIO-------------------------+
PHY IF configuration and status registers are accessible through
mdio address 0x15 which is defined as mdio_adhoc_addr. During D0,
The driver will need to power up PHY IF by changing the power state
to P0. Likewise, for D3, the driver sets PHY IF power state to P3.
Signed-off-by: Voon Weifeng <weifeng.voon@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Ong Boon Leong <boon.leong.ong@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
|
|
Support 4 PTP programmable pins with only PTP_PF_PEROUT function
for now. The PTP_PF_EXTTS function will be supported in the
future, and it should be implemented separately for Felix and
Ocelot, because of different hardware interrupt implementation
in them.
Since the hardware is not able to support absolute start time,
the periodic clock request only allows start time 0 0. But nsec
could be accepted for PPS case for phase adjustment.
Signed-off-by: Yangbo Lu <yangbo.lu@nxp.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
|
|
Add wave programming registers definitions for Ocelot platforms.
Signed-off-by: Yangbo Lu <yangbo.lu@nxp.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
|
|
There are 5 PTP_PINS register groups on Ocelot switch.
Except the one used for TOD operations, there are still
4 register groups for programmable pins. So redefine the
4 programmable pins.
Signed-off-by: Yangbo Lu <yangbo.lu@nxp.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
|
|
The Ocelot PTP clock driver had been embedded into ocelot.c driver.
It had supported basic gettime64/settime64/adjtime/adjfine functions
by now which were used by both Ocelot switch and Felix switch.
This patch is to move current ptp clock code out of ocelot.c driver
maintaining as a single ocelot_ptp.c.
For futher new features implementation, the common code could be put
in ocelot_ptp.c and the switch specific code should be in specific
switch driver. The interrupt implementation in SoC is different
between Ocelot and Felix.
Signed-off-by: Yangbo Lu <yangbo.lu@nxp.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
|
|
UAPI Changes:
- drm/i915/perf: introduce global sseu pinning
Allow userspace to request at perf/OA open full SSEU configuration
on the system to be able to benchmark 3D workloads, at the cost of not
being able to run media workloads. (Lionel)
Userspace changes: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/merge_requests/4021
- drm/i915/perf: add new open param to configure polling of OA buffer
Let application choose how often the OA buffer should be checked on
the CPU side for data availability for choosig between CPU overhead
and realtime nature of data.
Userspace changes: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/74655/
(i915 perf recorder is a tool to capture i915 perf data for viewing
in GPUVis.)
- drm/i915/perf: remove generated code
Removal of the machine generated perf/OA test configurations from i915.
Used by Mesa v17.1-18.0, and shortly replaced by userspace supplied OA
configurations. Removal of configs causes affected Mesa versions to
fall back to earlier kernel behaviour (potentially missing metrics).
(Lionel)
Cross-subsystem Changes:
- Backmerge of drm-next
- Includes tag 'topic/phy-compliance-2020-04-08' from
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-misc
Driver Changes:
- Fix for GitLab issue #27: Support 5k tiled dual DP display on SKL (Ville)
- Fix https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/issues/1719: Broken audio after
S3 resume on JSL platforms. (Kai)
- Add new Tigerlake PCI IDs (Swathi D.)
- Add missing Tigerlake W/As (Matt R.)
- Extended Wa_2006604312 to EHL (Matt A)
- Add DPCD link_rate quirk for Apple 15" MBP 2017 (v3) (Mario)
- Make Wa_14010229206 apply to all Tigerlake steppings (Swathi d)
- Extend hotplug detect retry on TypeC connectors to 5 seconds (Imre)
- Yield the timeslice if caught waiting on a user semaphore (Chris)
- Limit the residual W/A batch to Haswell due to instability on IVB/BYT (Chris)
- TBT AUX should use TC power well ops on Tigerlake (Matt R)
- Update PMINTRMSK holding fw to make it effective for RPS (Francisco, Chris)
- Add YUV444 packed format support for skl+ (Stanislav)
- Invalidate OA TLB when closing perf stream to avoid corruption (Umesh)
- HDCP: fix Ri prime check done during link check (Oliver)
- Rearm heartbeat on sysfs interval change (Chris)
- Fix crtc nv12 etc. plane bitmasks for DPMS off (Ville)
- Treat idling as a RPS downclock event (Chris)
- Leave rps->cur_freq on unpark (Chris)
- Ignore short pulse when EDP panel powered off (Anshuman)
- Keep the engine awake until the next jiffie, to avoid ping-pong on
moderate load (Chris)
- Select the deepest available parking mode for rc6 on IVB (Chris)
- Optimizations to direct submission execlist path (Chris)
- Avoid NULL pointer dereference at intel_read_infoframe() (Chris)
- Fix mode private_flags comparison at atomic_check (Uma, Ville)
- Use forced codec wake on all gen9+ platforms (Kai)
- Schedule oa_config after modifying the contexts (Chris, Lionel)
- Explicitly reset both reg and context runtime on GPU reset (Chris)
- Don't enable DDI IO power on a TypeC port in TBT mode (Imre)
- Fixes to TGL, ICL and EHL vswing tables (Jose)
- Fill all the unused space in the GGTT (Chris, imre)
- Ignore readonly failures when updating relocs (Chris)
- Attempt to find free space earlier for non-pinned VMAs (Chris)
- Only wait for GPU activity before unbinding a GGTT fence (Chris)
- Avoid data loss on small userspace perf OA polling (Ashutosh)
- Watch out for unevictable nodes during eviction (Matt A)
- Reinforce the barrier after GTT updates for Ironlake (Chris)
- Convert various parts of driver to use drm_device based logging (Wambui, Jani)
- Avoid dereferencing already closed context for engine (Chris)
- Enable non-contiguous pipe fusing (Anshuman)
- Add HW readout of Gamma LUT on ICL (Swati S.)
- Use explicit flag to mark unreachable intel_context (Chris)
- Cancel a hung context if already closed (Chris)
- Add DP VSC/HDR SDP data structures and write routines (Gwan-gyeong)
- Report context-is-closed prior to pinning at execbuf (Chris)
- Mark timeline->cacheline as destroyed after rcu grace period (Chris)
- Avoid live-lock with i915_vma_parked() (Chris)
- Avoid gem_context->mutex for simple vma lookup (Chris)
- Rely on direct submission to the queue (Chris)
- Configure DSI transcoder to operate in TE GATE command mode (Vandita)
- Add DI vblank calculation for command mode (Vandita)
- Disable periodic command mode if programmed by GOP (Vandita)
- Use private flags to indicate TE in cmd mode (Vandita)
- Make fences a nice-to-have for FBC on GEN9+ (Jose)
- Fix work queuing issue with mixed virtual engine/physical engine
submissions (Chris)
- Drop final few uses of drm_i915_private.engine (Chris)
- Return early after MISSING_CASE for write_dp_sdp (Chris)
- Include port sync state in the state dump (Ville)
- ELSP workaround switching back to a completed context (Chris)
- Include priority info in trace_ports (Chris)
- Allow for different modes of interruptible i915_active_wait (Chris)
- Split eb_vma into its own allocation (Chris)
- Don't read perf head/tail pointers outside critical section (Lionel)
- Pause CS flow before execlists reset (Chris)
- Make fence revocation unequivocal (Chris)
- Drop cached obj->bind_count (Chris)
- Peek at the next submission for error interrupts (Chris)
- Utilize rcu iteration of context engines (Chris)
- Keep a per-engine request pool for power management ops (Chris)
- Refactor port sync code into normal modeset flow (Ville)
- Check current i915_vma.pin_count status first on unbind (Chris)
- Free request pool from virtual engines (Chris)
- Flush all the reloc_gpu batch (Chris)
- Make exclusive awaits on i915_active optional and allow async waits (Chris)
- Wait until the context is finally retired before releasing engines (Chris)
- Prefer '%ps' for printing function symbol names (Chris)
- Allow setting generic data pointer on intel GT debugfs (Andi)
- Constify DP link computation code more (Ville)
- Simplify MST master transcoder computation (Ville)
- Move TRANS_DDI_FUNC_CTL2 programming where it belongs (Ville)
- Move icl_get_trans_port_sync_config() into the DDI code (Ville)
- Add definitions for VRR registers and bits (Aditya)
- Refactor hardware fence code (Chris)
- Start passing latency as parameter to WM calculation (Stanislav)
- Kernel selftest and debug tracing improvements (Matt A, Chris, Mika)
- Fixes to CI found corner cases and lockdep splats (Chris)
- Overall fixes and refactoring to GEM code (Chris)
- Overall fixes and refactoring to display code (Ville)
- GuC/HuC code improvements (Daniele, Michal Wa)
- Static code checker fixes (Nathan, Ville, Colin, Chris)
- Fix spelling mistake (Chen)
Signed-off-by: Dave Airlie <airlied@redhat.com>
From: Joonas Lahtinen <joonas.lahtinen@linux.intel.com>
Link: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/msgid/20200417111548.GA15033@jlahtine-desk.ger.corp.intel.com
|
|
VERMAGIC* definitions are not supposed to be used by the drivers,
see this [1] bug report, so introduce special define to guard inclusion
of this header file and define it in kernel/modules.h and in internal
script that generates *.mod.c files.
In-tree module build:
➜ kernel git:(vermagic) ✗ make clean
➜ kernel git:(vermagic) ✗ make M=drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5
➜ kernel git:(vermagic) ✗ modinfo drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/mlx5_ib.ko
filename: /images/leonro/src/kernel/drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/mlx5_ib.ko
<...>
vermagic: 5.6.0+ SMP mod_unload modversions
Out-of-tree module build:
➜ mlx5 make -C /images/leonro/src/kernel clean M=/tmp/mlx5
➜ mlx5 make -C /images/leonro/src/kernel M=/tmp/mlx5
➜ mlx5 modinfo /tmp/mlx5/mlx5_ib.ko
filename: /tmp/mlx5/mlx5_ib.ko
<...>
vermagic: 5.6.0+ SMP mod_unload modversions
[1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20200411155623.GA22175@zn.tnic
Reported-by: Borislav Petkov <bp@suse.de>
Acked-by: Borislav Petkov <bp@suse.de>
Acked-by: Jessica Yu <jeyu@kernel.org>
Co-developed-by: Masahiro Yamada <masahiroy@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Masahiro Yamada <masahiroy@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Leon Romanovsky <leonro@mellanox.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
|
|
Merge misc fixes from Andrew Morton:
"15 fixes"
* emailed patches from Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>:
tools/vm: fix cross-compile build
coredump: fix null pointer dereference on coredump
mm: shmem: disable interrupt when acquiring info->lock in userfaultfd_copy path
shmem: fix possible deadlocks on shmlock_user_lock
vmalloc: fix remap_vmalloc_range() bounds checks
mm/shmem: fix build without THP
mm/ksm: fix NULL pointer dereference when KSM zero page is enabled
tools/build: tweak unused value workaround
checkpatch: fix a typo in the regex for $allocFunctions
mm, gup: return EINTR when gup is interrupted by fatal signals
mm/hugetlb: fix a addressing exception caused by huge_pte_offset
MAINTAINERS: add an entry for kfifo
mm/userfaultfd: disable userfaultfd-wp on x86_32
slub: avoid redzone when choosing freepointer location
sh: fix build error in mm/init.c
|
|
Pull kvm fixes from Paolo Bonzini:
"Bugfixes, and a few cleanups to the newly-introduced assembly language
vmentry code for AMD"
* tag 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm:
KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Handle non-present PTEs in page fault functions
kvm: Disable objtool frame pointer checking for vmenter.S
MAINTAINERS: add a reviewer for KVM/s390
KVM: s390: Fix PV check in deliverable_irqs()
kvm: Handle reads of SandyBridge RAPL PMU MSRs rather than injecting #GP
KVM: Remove CREATE_IRQCHIP/SET_PIT2 race
KVM: SVM: Fix __svm_vcpu_run declaration.
KVM: SVM: Do not setup frame pointer in __svm_vcpu_run
KVM: SVM: Fix build error due to missing release_pages() include
KVM: SVM: Do not mark svm_vcpu_run with STACK_FRAME_NON_STANDARD
kvm: nVMX: match comment with return type for nested_vmx_exit_reflected
kvm: nVMX: reflect MTF VM-exits if injected by L1
KVM: s390: Return last valid slot if approx index is out-of-bounds
KVM: Check validity of resolved slot when searching memslots
KVM: VMX: Enable machine check support for 32bit targets
KVM: SVM: move more vmentry code to assembly
KVM: SVM: fix compilation with modular PSP and non-modular KVM
|
|
ASoC: Fixes for v5.7
Quite a lot of fixes here, a lot of driver specific ones but the biggest
one is the revert of changes to the startup and shutdown sequence for
DAIs that went in during the merge window - they broke some older x86
platforms and attempts to fix them didn't succeed so it's safer to just
roll them back and try to make sure those platforms are handled properly
in any future attempt.
The rockchip S/PDIF DT stuff was IIRC for validation issues.
|
|
Pull virtio fixes and cleanups from Michael Tsirkin:
- Some bug fixes
- Cleanup a couple of issues that surfaced meanwhile
- Disable vhost on ARM with OABI for now - to be fixed fully later in
the cycle or in the next release.
* tag 'for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost: (24 commits)
vhost: disable for OABI
virtio: drop vringh.h dependency
virtio_blk: add a missing include
virtio-balloon: Avoid using the word 'report' when referring to free page hinting
virtio-balloon: make virtballoon_free_page_report() static
vdpa: fix comment of vdpa_register_device()
vdpa: make vhost, virtio depend on menu
vdpa: allow a 32 bit vq alignment
drm/virtio: fix up for include file changes
remoteproc: pull in slab.h
rpmsg: pull in slab.h
virtio_input: pull in slab.h
remoteproc: pull in slab.h
virtio-rng: pull in slab.h
virtgpu: pull in uaccess.h
tools/virtio: make asm/barrier.h self contained
tools/virtio: define aligned attribute
virtio/test: fix up after IOTLB changes
vhost: Create accessors for virtqueues private_data
vdpasim: Return status in vdpasim_get_status
...
|
|
remap_vmalloc_range() has had various issues with the bounds checks it
promises to perform ("This function checks that addr is a valid
vmalloc'ed area, and that it is big enough to cover the vma") over time,
e.g.:
- not detecting pgoff<<PAGE_SHIFT overflow
- not detecting (pgoff<<PAGE_SHIFT)+usize overflow
- not checking whether addr and addr+(pgoff<<PAGE_SHIFT) are the same
vmalloc allocation
- comparing a potentially wildly out-of-bounds pointer with the end of
the vmalloc region
In particular, since commit fc9702273e2e ("bpf: Add mmap() support for
BPF_MAP_TYPE_ARRAY"), unprivileged users can cause kernel null pointer
dereferences by calling mmap() on a BPF map with a size that is bigger
than the distance from the start of the BPF map to the end of the
address space.
This could theoretically be used as a kernel ASLR bypass, by using
whether mmap() with a given offset oopses or returns an error code to
perform a binary search over the possible address range.
To allow remap_vmalloc_range_partial() to verify that addr and
addr+(pgoff<<PAGE_SHIFT) are in the same vmalloc region, pass the offset
to remap_vmalloc_range_partial() instead of adding it to the pointer in
remap_vmalloc_range().
In remap_vmalloc_range_partial(), fix the check against
get_vm_area_size() by using size comparisons instead of pointer
comparisons, and add checks for pgoff.
Fixes: 833423143c3a ("[PATCH] mm: introduce remap_vmalloc_range()")
Signed-off-by: Jann Horn <jannh@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Cc: Alexei Starovoitov <ast@kernel.org>
Cc: Daniel Borkmann <daniel@iogearbox.net>
Cc: Martin KaFai Lau <kafai@fb.com>
Cc: Song Liu <songliubraving@fb.com>
Cc: Yonghong Song <yhs@fb.com>
Cc: Andrii Nakryiko <andriin@fb.com>
Cc: John Fastabend <john.fastabend@gmail.com>
Cc: KP Singh <kpsingh@chromium.org>
Link: http://lkml.kernel.org/r/20200415222312.236431-1-jannh@google.com
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
|
|
snd_compr_ops couldn't care called component,
but now we can care it via snd_compress_ops.
All drivers switched to it.
This patch removes snd_compr_ops.
Signed-off-by: Kuninori Morimoto <kuninori.morimoto.gx@renesas.com>
Tested-by: Charles Keepax <ckeepax@opensource.cirrus.com>
Reviewed-by: Charles Keepax <ckeepax@opensource.cirrus.com>
Reviewed-by: Ranjani Sridharan <ranjani.sridharan@linux.intel.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/87lfmqvdig.wl-kuninori.morimoto.gx@renesas.com
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
|
|
Current snd_soc_component_driver has compr_ops, and each driver can
have callback via it. But, it is mainly created for ALSA, thus, it
doesn't have "component" as parameter.
Thus, each callback can't know it is called for which component.
Each callback currently is getting "component" by using
snd_soc_rtdcom_lookup() with driver name.
--- ALSA SoC ---
...
if (component->driver->compr_ops &&
component->driver->compr_ops->open)
=> return component->driver->compr_ops->open(stream);
...
--- driver ---
static int xxx_open(struct snd_compr_stream *stream)
{
struct snd_soc_pcm_runtime *rtd = stream->private_data;
=> struct snd_soc_component *component = snd_soc_rtdcom_lookup(..);
...
}
It works today, but, will not work in the future if we support multi
CPU/Codec/Platform, because 1 rtd might have multiple same driver
name component.
To solve this issue, each callback need to be called with component.
We already have many component driver callbacks.
This patch adds new snd_compress_ops, and call it with "component".
--- ALSA SoC ---
...
if (component->driver->compress_ops->open)
=> return component->driver->compress_ops->open(
component, substream);
~~~~~~~~~
...
--- driver ---
static int xxx_open(struct snd_soc_component *component,
struct snd_compr_stream *stream)
{
=> /* it don't need to use snd_soc_rtdcom_lookup() */
...
}
Signed-off-by: Kuninori Morimoto <kuninori.morimoto.gx@renesas.com>
Tested-by: Charles Keepax <ckeepax@opensource.cirrus.com>
Reviewed-by: Charles Keepax <ckeepax@opensource.cirrus.com>
Reviewed-by: Ranjani Sridharan <ranjani.sridharan@linux.intel.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/87v9luvdmh.wl-kuninori.morimoto.gx@renesas.com
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <broonie@kernel.org>
|
|
Globally update my email address in six files scattered through the
tree.
Acked-by: Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org>
Acked-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil-cisco@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@armlinux.org.uk>
|
|
This file is close enough to being in rst format that I didn't feel
the need to alter it in any way.
Signed-off-by: Matthew Wilcox (Oracle) <willy@infradead.org>
Acked-by: Michel Lespinasse <walken@google.com>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/20200401173343.17472-1-willy@infradead.org
Signed-off-by: Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net>
|
|
Systemtap 4.2 is unable to correctly interpret the "u32 (*missed_ppm)[2]"
argument of the iocost_ioc_vrate_adj trace entry defined in
include/trace/events/iocost.h leading to the following error:
/tmp/stapAcz0G0/stap_c89c58b83cea1724e26395efa9ed4939_6321_aux_6.c:78:8:
error: expected ‘;’, ‘,’ or ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
, u32[]* __tracepoint_arg_missed_ppm
That argument type is indeed rather complex and hard to read. Looking
at block/blk-iocost.c. It is just a 2-entry u32 array. By simplifying
the argument to a simple "u32 *missed_ppm" and adjusting the trace
entry accordingly, the compilation error was gone.
Fixes: 7caa47151ab2 ("blkcg: implement blk-iocost")
Acked-by: Steven Rostedt (VMware) <rostedt@goodmis.org>
Acked-by: Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Waiman Long <longman@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk>
|
|
Add common (Full-)HD definitions also known as 720p and 1080p.
Signed-off-by: Marco Felsch <m.felsch@pengutronix.de>
Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil-cisco@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+huawei@kernel.org>
|
|
Rather than creating new compound control helpers for each new
type, create one generic function and just create defines on
top.
Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil-cisco@xs4all.nl>
Tested-by: Paul Kocialkowski <paul.kocialkowski@bootlin.com>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+huawei@kernel.org>
|
|
KVM: s390: Fix for 5.7 and maintainer update
- Silence false positive lockdep warning
- add Claudio as reviewer
|
|
In earlier versions of kvm, 'kvm_run' was an independent structure
and was not included in the vcpu structure. At present, 'kvm_run'
is already included in the vcpu structure, so the parameter
'kvm_run' is redundant.
This patch simplifies the function definition, removes the extra
'kvm_run' parameter, and extracts it from the 'kvm_vcpu' structure
if necessary.
Signed-off-by: Tianjia Zhang <tianjia.zhang@linux.alibaba.com>
Message-Id: <20200416051057.26526-1-tianjia.zhang@linux.alibaba.com>
Signed-off-by: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
|
|
Create a new function kvm_is_visible_memslot() and use it from
kvm_is_visible_gfn(); use the new function in try_async_pf() too,
to avoid an extra memslot lookup.
Opportunistically squish a multi-line comment into a single-line comment.
Note, the end result, KVM_PFN_NOSLOT, is unchanged.
Cc: Jim Mattson <jmattson@google.com>
Cc: Rick Edgecombe <rick.p.edgecombe@intel.com>
Suggested-by: Sean Christopherson <sean.j.christopherson@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
|
|
The macros VM_STAT and VCPU_STAT are redundantly implemented in multiple
files, each used by a different architecure to initialize the debugfs
entries for statistics. Since they all have the same purpose, they can be
unified in a single common definition in include/linux/kvm_host.h
Signed-off-by: Emanuele Giuseppe Esposito <eesposit@redhat.com>
Message-Id: <20200414155625.20559-1-eesposit@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Cornelia Huck <cohuck@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
|
|
Building those list is a standard procedure described in section
'8.2.4 Decoding process for reference picture lists construction' of
the H264 specification.
We already have 2 drivers needing the same logic (hantro and rkvdec) and
I suspect we will soon have more.
Let's provide generic helpers to create those lists.
Signed-off-by: Boris Brezillon <boris.brezillon@collabora.com>
Signed-off-by: Ezequiel Garcia <ezequiel@collabora.com>
Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil-cisco@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+huawei@kernel.org>
|
|
v4l2_fh struct define differently by CONFIG_V4L2_MEM2MEM_DEV.
If some vendors use CONFIG_V4L2_MEM2MEM_DEV by module,
it can make the mismatch of v4l2_fh sturct.
By the mismatch, the following error occurs.
===============================
[ 7.533506] v4l2_mem2mem: disagrees about version of symbol video_devdata
[ 7.533594] v4l2_mem2mem: Unknown symbol video_devdata (err -22)
[ 7.535319] v4l2_mem2mem: disagrees about version of symbol v4l2_event_pending
[ 7.542532] v4l2_mem2mem: Unknown symbol v4l2_event_pending (err -22)
===============================
So v4l2_fh struct is modified to does not have dependency
for CONFIG_V4L2_MEM2MEM_DEV.
Signed-off-by: Seungchul Kim <sc377.kim@samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil-cisco@xs4all.nl>
Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+huawei@kernel.org>
|