|Commit message (Collapse)||Author||Files||Lines|
This command generates a new password not including symbols.
Suggested by Aner Zakobar <email@example.com>:
The infloop has been observed in calls to `pasword-store--run'
for pass v1.7.4 in a Windows/WSL2 enviroment.
When this happens, the sentinel in `password-store--run-1'
doesn't call the callback.
* contrib/emacs/password-store.el (password-store--run-1):
Prefer `process-status' over the string comparison to check the
Problem reported by Kai Tetzlaff <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
The "f" library is a rather thin translation layer for already
existing Emacs functions. Most functions directly map to an already
existing function (eg. "f-no-ext" and "file-name-sans-extension"). For
this reason, removing "f" comes at no cost while reducing the number
of dependencies one has to count on and the user has to install.
Co-authored-by: Tino Calancha <email@example.com>
Clarify that the optional argument is only used in the `message' call.
Bump version to v2.1.3.
* contrib/emacs/password-store.el (password-store-clear): Update docstring.
* contrib/emacs/CHANGELOG.md: Document this change.
This change preserves backward compatibility with previous
version of the function.
Bump version to v2.1.2.
* contrib/emacs/password-store.el (password-store-clear):
Make argument FIELD optional.
* contrib/emacs/CHANGELOG.md: Announce this change.
For auth-source-pass versions < 5.0.0, auth-source-pass-filename
is not defined; thus, we must check that this variable exists before
* contrib/emacs/password-store.el (password-store-dir): Call
bound-and-true-p on auth-source-pass-filename.
Allow users to retrieve any secret field stored in the files.
Use auth-source-pass to retrieve the secret fields.
Bump version to v2.1.0.
* contrib/emacs/Cask: Replace dependency on `s' library
with auth-source-pass dependency.
(password-store-url-field): New option.
(password-store-dir): Use `auth-source-pass-filename'.
(password-store-copy-field, password-store-parse-entry): New functions.
(password-store-read-field): Use password-store-parse-entry.
(password-store--save-field-in-kill-ring): New function extracted from
(password-store-url): Use `password-store-get-field' and
* contrib/emacs/README.md: Update documentation.
* contrib/emacs/CHANGELOG.md: Announce changes.
Before, the following message was shown:
"Enter contents of ENTRY and press Ctrl+D when finished:\n\n"
Since the command is not interactive, it is better to show users
specific messages on success/failure.
* contrib/emacs/password-store.el (password-store-insert):
Improve message shown on success/failure.
Some libraries rely on this function, e.g. password-store-otp library.
* contrib/emacs/password-store.el (password-store-timeout):
Re include this function; now it just returns
Using a customizable variable is the preferred way to set
a parameter within Emacs; replace password-store-timeout with
the new option password-store-time-before-clipboard-restore.
The default value for this variable uses the environment var
PASSWORD_STORE_CLIP_TIME when set; this is the same behavior
Add Maintainer header.
* contrib/emacs/password-store.el (password-store-password-length):
Increased default value from 8 to 25, i.e. same default as
in the shell script.
(password-store-time-before-clipboard-restore): New option.
(password-store-timeout): Delete it.
Use the new option instead; all callers updated.
* contrib/emacs/CHANGELOG.md: Announce the features.
"http://" was repeated, fix the second instance to read "https://".