|author||Shawn Guo <email@example.com>||2013-01-28 16:49:11 -0500|
|committer||Chris Ball <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2013-02-24 14:37:04 -0500|
|parent||mmc: sdhci-esdhc-imx: support 8bit mode (diff)|
mmc: dt: bus-width can be an optional property
None of mmc drivers implements bus-width as a required device tree property. Instead, some drivers like atmel-mci, dw_mmc, sdhci-s3c implement it as an optional one, and will force bus width to be 1 when the property is absent. Let's change the common binding to reflect what the drivers are usually doing. Signed-off-by: Shawn Guo <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Chris Ball <firstname.lastname@example.org>
1 files changed, 2 insertions, 3 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/mmc.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/mmc.txt
index 34f28ed97928..469cf53d5a92 100644
@@ -6,9 +6,6 @@ Interpreted by the OF core:
- reg: Registers location and length.
- interrupts: Interrupts used by the MMC controller.
-- bus-width: Number of data lines, can be <1>, <4>, or <8>
If no property below is supplied, host native card detect is used.
Only one of the properties in this section should be supplied:
@@ -17,6 +14,8 @@ Only one of the properties in this section should be supplied:
- non-removable: non-removable slot (like eMMC); assume always present.
+- bus-width: Number of data lines, can be <1>, <4>, or <8>. The default
+ will be <1> if the property is absent.
- wp-gpios: Specify GPIOs for write protection, see gpio binding
- cd-inverted: when present, polarity on the cd gpio line is inverted
- wp-inverted: when present, polarity on the wp gpio line is inverted