Diffstat (limited to 'include/linux/pm.h')
1 files changed, 6 insertions, 6 deletions
diff --git a/include/linux/pm.h b/include/linux/pm.h
index 6035209cf31e..7a516690dcb3 100644
@@ -125,12 +125,12 @@ typedef int __bitwise suspend_disk_method_t;
* struct pm_ops - Callbacks for managing platform dependent suspend states.
* @valid: Callback to determine whether the given state can be entered.
* If %CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND is set then %PM_SUSPEND_DISK is
- * always valid and never passed to this call.
- * If not assigned, all suspend states are advertised as valid
- * in /sys/power/state (but can still be rejected by prepare or enter.)
- * Since new states can be added for other platforms, you should
- * assign this callback. There is a %pm_valid_only_mem function
- * available if you only implemented mem sleep.
+ * always valid and never passed to this call. If not assigned,
+ * no suspend states are valid.
+ * Valid states are advertised in /sys/power/state but can still
+ * be rejected by prepare or enter if the conditions aren't right.
+ * There is a %pm_valid_only_mem function available that can be assigned
+ * to this if you only implement mem sleep.
* @prepare: Prepare the platform for the given suspend state. Can return a
* negative error code if necessary.