Diffstat (limited to 'init')
1 files changed, 9 insertions, 27 deletions
diff --git a/init/Kconfig b/init/Kconfig
index aa29b797ca2b..ce737e02c5a2 100644
@@ -197,33 +197,6 @@ config AUDITSYSCALL
can be used independently or with another kernel subsystem,
such as SELinux.
- bool "Support for hot-pluggable devices" if !ARCH_S390
- default ARCH_S390
- This option is provided for the case where no in-kernel-tree
- modules require HOTPLUG functionality, but a module built
- outside the kernel tree does. Such modules require Y here.
- bool "Kernel Userspace Events" if EMBEDDED
- depends on NET
- default y
- This option enables the kernel userspace event layer, which is a
- simple mechanism for kernel-to-user communication over a netlink
- The goal of the kernel userspace events layer is to provide a simple
- and efficient events system, that notifies userspace about kobject
- state changes. This will enable applications to just listen for
- events instead of polling system devices and files.
- Hotplug events (kobject addition and removal) are also available on
- the netlink socket in addition to the execution of /sbin/hotplug if
- CONFIG_HOTPLUG is enabled.
- Say Y, unless you are building a system requiring minimal memory
bool "Kernel .config support"
@@ -308,6 +281,15 @@ config KALLSYMS_EXTRA_PASS
you wait for kallsyms to be fixed.
+ bool "Support for hot-pluggable devices" if EMBEDDED
+ default y
+ This option is provided for the case where no hotplug or uevent
+ capabilities is wanted by the kernel. You should only consider
+ disabling this option for embedded systems that do not use modules, a
+ dynamic /dev tree, or dynamic device discovery. Just say Y.
bool "Enable support for printk" if EMBEDDED