cgit Quick Facts
- web interface (cgi) for Git repositories, written in C.
- licensed under GPLv2.
- discussions, patches etc. go to the list (signup, archive).
- real time chat available in #cgit on Libera.Chat.
- common questions are answered in the FAQ.
- basic repository browsing (logs, diffs, trees...)
- caching of generated HTML
- cloneable URLs (implements dumb HTTP transport)
- commit feeds (atom format)
- discovery of Git repositories
- on-the-fly archives for tags and commits
- plugin support for e.g. syntax highlighting
- side-by-side diffs
- simple time/author statistics
- simple virtual hosting support (macro expansion)
- understands GitWeb project-lists
- understands gitweb.owner in Git config files
- has extensive filtering framework using scripts or a built-in lua interpreter
- download current or past releases
- clone the repo:
- git clone https://git.zx2c4.com/cgit
- see the README for build instructions